Broader IT Compliance
Is Your Business Ready?
Let's Start a Conversation
Sensitive information shouldn’t go unprotected. That’s why there are a slew of regulations affecting the IT operations of businesses across industries. Whether your company needs to meet bar association ethical rules, processes credit card transactions, or accesses patient health information, it may be your duty to protect individuals’ personal information—responsibly.
It only takes a single regulation, regulated business partner, or data breach to make IT compliance a must.
Suddenly, your business is scrambling to better secure its IT infrastructure and protect at-risk data.
Don’t wait for an unexpected crisis or audit. At Proactive IT, our managed IT support can assist your organization with IT compliance—for both now and the future—by helping you…
- Encrypt sensitive data at rest.
- Encrypt sensitive data in transit.
- Control and track access to sensitive data.
- Develop a breach-response plan.
- Protect sensitive data from loss.
It doesn’t matter what compliance or ethical requirement you face. You can rely on our Charlotte team to implement IT best practices that mitigate your exposure.
Explore Our IT Compliance Experience for Charlotte Businesses
While most IT compliance relies on foundational data-protection principles, it’s important that your IT provider understands the functional implementation of those best practices. The good news is that our Charlotte team has experience in:
- Bar association compliance. In its Model Rules of Professional Conduct, the American Bar Association stipulates the protection of certain client information. If you’re a lawyer, we can provide an IT infrastructure that meets your ethical requirements for data security.
- Business-imposed IT compliance. Not all IT compliance demands come from legislative or regulatory action. Sometimes, they come from your customers. If you have a business partner that’s placing IT compliance requirements on your organization, we can help.
- IRS compliance. The FTC states that its Safeguards Rule requires tax preparers to have “a written information security plan.” What’s more, breaking this rule can also land you in trouble with the IRS, according to a recent IRS press release. If you’re a CPA, Proactive IT can help you reduce your risk of noncompliance.
- FINRA compliance. If you—or your business partners—operate in the financial services industry, then you may need to follow the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority’s (FINRA) guidelines. At Proactive IT, we’re able to empower small financial firms to meet big compliance demands.
- PCI compliance. If your company has online purchases, saves sensitive financial information, or takes credit card transactions at a physical location, there’s a good chance you’re accountable to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard—known for short as PCI DSS. At Proactive IT, we help our customers pass PCI compliance audits.
- HIPAA HITECH compliance. The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act has critical implications for many organizations’ network security. At Proactive IT, we’re able to help organizations translate HIPAA HITECH requirements into practical IT safeguards…whether you’re a doctor’s office or a medical billing company.
- GDPR compliance. In May of 2018, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became a reality. GDPR requires greater organizational accountability for computerized data. GDPR’s jurisdiction is also location agnostic…which means a number of US companies have been affected by these changes. If your business needs to take GDPR compliance seriously, we can provide support.
For more information how about Proactive IT can help ensure the reliability, integrity and safety of your business data, please contact us today.
Don’t Wait Until You’re Forced into IT Compliance
Place your Charlotte business ahead of the curve.