What kind of support do you get from your IT company?
Are you paying top-tier prices but only receiving helpdesk assistance and routine antivirus management? Instead of seeing the big picture, is your vendor reactive and focused on short-term solutions?
Your IT company should support your overall business strategy. That’s my philosophy—and we’ve structured our entire organization around that belief.
Is the same true for your vendor?
Business owners, don’t settle for a bare minimum of services. It’s time to demand more from your IT provider. Here’s what you should expect…
1. Regular communication about your business strategy
How does your IT vendor function? As a group of technicians or as a forward-thinking business partner?
Ideally, your IT company should regularly discuss your organization and business strategy with you. When you’re considering a new initiative, your managed services provider should be available to offer expert guidance on the technological aspects of your decision.
At our company, all clients receive a quarterly meeting with their virtual CIO. Do you experience the same?
2. Careful avoidance of errors
It’s tough to execute your business strategy when you’re constantly dealing with mistakes perpetrated by your IT company.
Everyone makes mistakes. But when it comes to your IT systems, errors should be few and far between. A single mishap can derail your organization from achieving important goals.
Your IT vendor needs to have systems in place to prevent blunders that lead to downtime or cybersecurity incidents.
At Proactive IT, we’ve learned how to prevent “fires” that undermine our clients’ success. From quality control to a best-practices checklist that’s 400+ items long, we pursue excellence for those we serve.
3. Education to inform your business strategy
When it comes to your business strategy, you want an IT provider that will explain issues that can impact your company.
If the only education you receive on tech developments comes from the news, something is wrong.
Switching to a strategic IT company doesn’t have to be painful.
Are you ready for an IT partner that actually participates in your business strategy?
I wouldn’t be surprised if your answer is yes…and no.
Yes, you want a better managed services firm. But you also foresee difficulties involved in making a transition. Perhaps you face one or more roadblocks…
- A three-year contract. Before you let your contract keep you from making a change, ask yourself this: Have I thoroughly examined my contract? If you’re not crystal clear on what your agreement stipulates, let’s have it reviewed and see if there’s a way to break free. Please reach out if you need help with this.
- Setup fees. You can mark this concern off your list. If you feel trapped by your IT company, we’ll help you get out by waiving setup fees.
- Fear of a disruptive transition. Changing vendors shouldn’t plummet your productivity or significantly hinder your customer service. Our team thoroughly understands Microsoft environments and can smoothly onboard your business.
If you’re not getting what you need from your managed services provider, I’d love to help you transition to our team.
We believe your business strategy matters.
And you’re going to love working with an IT company that sweats the details on your behalf.
You can call me at 704-464-3075 extension 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At your service,
About Steve Kennen
As an expert in information technology infrastructure management, cybersecurity, and cyber risk management practices for small businesses, Steve spearheads initiatives that keep his clients secure and their business operations running smoothly. His core message is that the details matter.